Pope John Paul II is now accepting new student registrations for September 2017! We invite parents to call the school to make an appointment to visit during Kindergarten Registration Week, which begins Monday, January 16. Please visit the CDSBEO website registration page at http://www.cdsbeo.on.ca/students-parents/registration/ for information on how to register your child. We look forward to welcoming your child to Kindergarten!
Monday, Dec. 19th – last day for Christmas Store. Click here for other activities at PJP this last week before Christmas
- Our Advent Concert begins at 6:30. Students should be in their classrooms no later than 6:15.
- Parents should arrive early enough so that they have time to shop at the bake sale and purchase tickets on the raffle baskets. We have 8 amazing baskets as well as a pair of Sens tickets.
- Any parents who would like to donate nut-free baked goods for our bake sale, please have your items packaged ready to be sold.
- Parents are asked to stay for the duration of the concert and to pick up your child in their classroom at the end of the concert.
- Our Christmas Store will be open on Thursday, Friday and Monday, Dec. 15, 16 and 19th.
- Students will be able to shop for family and items are priced at $2.00 or less.
- La Binerie Fundraiser orders will be ready for pick up this Thursday, Dec. 8 between 3:30 and 7:30.
- Please send in items for raffle baskets by Thursday, Dec. 8th so that Catholic School Council has enough time to assemble the baskets.
- Hot lunch orders for January to March are due to the school by this Friday, Dec. 9th.
- Our Advent Concert is Wednesday, Dec. 14th at 6:30. CSC volunteers will be selling raffle tickets for the baskets and will also be holding a bake sale. Any donations of baking would be appreciated!
- Our annual Christmas Store will be held Thursday, Dec. 15, Friday, Dec. 16, and Monday, Dec. 19th. If you have any items you would like to donate, we would be glad to have them. We would also be happy to have any donations of gift bags, wrapping paper, tags and tissue paper.
Thanks for your support!!
On Thursday, December 8th, the CDSBEO invites all parents to attend the Catholic School Council Summit at St. Michael CHS in Kemptville. The evening will begin with a barbecue served between 5:30 and 6:30, followed by a number of informative parent workshops. This year, the focus of the workshops will be around mathematics, and helping parents to facilitate their child’s mathematics learning. The evening will end with a social from 8:10 to 8:30 p.m.
Please contact your school principal if you would like to attend.
Educational workshops for parents on topics such as:
- Trading Places: Taking a Seat at Your Child’s Desk, with Lynda Colgan, author of Inspiring Your Child to Learn and Love Mathematics, and Associate Professor of Elementary Mathematics Education, Graduate Faculty, Queen’s University
- Understanding Your Child’s Math Homework
- Helping Struggling Students Develop a Math Growth Mindset
- Assistive Technology for Supporting Students Struggling in Math
- Math Games that Promote Purposeful Practice
- LEGO Play/Intentional Strategies for Parents
- 5:30 – 6:30 – Dinner
- 6:30 – 6:45 – Welcome
- Opening Prayer
- Greetings from Jason Harps, Chair, Parent Involvement Committee
- Greetings from Brent Laton, Chair of the Board
- Greetings from Doug Tateishi, Education Officer, Ministry of Education
- Greetings from Wm. J. Gartland, Director of Education
- 6:50 – 7:25 Workshop 1
- 7:30 – 8:05 Workshop 2
- 8:10 Refreshments